Meaning of purity
Pronunciation: (pyoor'i-tē), [key]
- the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.: the purity of drinking water.
- freedom from any admixture or modifying addition.
- ceremonial or ritual cleanness.
- freedom from guilt or evil; innocence.
- physical chastity; virginity.
- freedom from foreign or inappropriate elements; careful correctness: purity of expression.
- the chroma, saturation, or degree of freedom from white of a given color.
- cleanness or spotlessness, as of garments.
- purity (Thesaurus)