Meaning of pug
- one of a breed of small, short-haired dogs having a tightly curled tail, a deeply wrinkled face, and a smooth coat that is black or silver and fawn with black markings.
— pugged, pug•ging.
- to knead (clay or the like) with water to make it plastic, as for brickmaking.
- to fill or stop with clay or the like.
- to pack or cover with mortar or the like, as to deaden sound.
- to mix with water so as to form a paste.
— n. Slang.
- a boxer; pugilist.
— n., v., pugged, pug•ging.
- a footprint, esp. of a game animal.
- to track (esp. game) by following footprints or another spoor.
- pug (Thesaurus)