pueblo: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pweb'lō for 4, 5, also Sp. pwe'blô), [key]
— pl. pueb•los
- a communal structure for multiple dwelling and defensive purposes of certain agricultural Indians of the southwestern U.S.: built of adobe or stone, typically many-storied and terraced, the structures were often placed against cliff walls, with entry through the roof by ladder.
- (cap.) a member of a group of Indian peoples living in pueblo villages in New Mexico and Arizona since prehistoric times.
- an Indian village.
- (in Spanish America) a town or village.
- (in the Philippines) a town or a township.
Pronunciation: (pweb'lō), [key]
- a city in central Colorado. 101,106.
- pueblo (Thesaurus)