Protestant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prot'u-stunt or, for 4, 6, pru-tes'tunt), [key]
- any Western Christian who is not an adherent of a Catholic, Anglican, or Eastern Church.
- an adherent of any of those Christian bodies that separated from the Church of Rome during the Reformation, or of any group descended from them.
- (originally) any of the German princes who protested against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which had denounced the Reformation.
- (l.c.) a person who protests.
- belonging or pertaining to Protestants or their religion.
- (l.c.) protesting.
- protestant (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.