prostitute: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pros'ti-tt", -tyt"), [key]
— n., v., -tut•ed, -tut•ing.
- a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money; whore; harlot.
- a man who engages in sexual acts for money.
- a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in a base and unworthy way, usually for money.
- to sell or offer (oneself&hasp;) as a prostitute.
- to put to any base or unworthy use: to prostitute one's talents.
- prostitute (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.