Meaning of promotion
Pronunciation: (pru-mō'shun), [key]
- advancement in rank or position.
- furtherance or encouragement.
- the act of promoting.
- the state of being promoted.
- something devised to publicize or advertise a product, cause, institution, etc., as a brochure, free sample, poster, television or radio commercial, or personal appearance.
- Also calledthe replacement of a pawn that has reached the enemy's first rank by a more powerful piece of the same color, usually a queen.
- promotion (Thesaurus)