Meaning of productive
Pronunciation: (pru-duk'tiv), [key]
- having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- producing readily or abundantly; fertile: a productive vineyard.
- causing; bringing about (usually fol. by of&hasp;): conditions productive of crime and sin.
- producing or tending to produce goods and services having exchange value.
- (of derivational affixes or patterns) readily used in forming new words, as the suffix -ness.
- (in language learning) of or pertaining to the language skills of speaking and writing (opposed to receptive).
- productive (Thesaurus)