Meaning of producer
Pronunciation: (pru-d'sur, -dy'-), [key]
- a person who produces.
- a person who creates economic value, or produces goods and services.
- a person responsible for the financial and administrative aspects of a stage, film, television, or radio production; the person who exercises general supervision of a production and is responsible chiefly for raising money, hiring technicians and artists, etc., required to stage a play, make a motion picture, or the like. Cf.(def. 3).
- (formerly) a director of theatrical productions; stage director.
- an apparatus for making producer gas.
- an organism, as a plant, that is able to produce its own food from inorganic substances.
- producer (Thesaurus)