probability: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prob"u-bil'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the quality or fact of being probable.
- a strong likelihood or chance of something: The probability of the book's success makes us optimistic.
- a probable event, circumstance, etc.: Our going to China is a probability.
- the relative possibility that an event will occur, as expressed by the ratio of the number of actual occurrences to the total number of possible occurrences.
- the relative frequency with which an event occurs or is likely to occur.
- very probably; quite likely: The factory will in all probability be relocated.
- probability (Thesaurus)