Meaning of princess
Pronunciation: (prin'sis, -ses, prin-ses'), [key]
- a nonreigning female member of a royal family.
- a female sovereign or monarch; queen.
- the consort of a prince.
- (in Great Britain) a daughter or granddaughter (if the child of a son) of a king or queen.
- a woman considered to have the qualities or characteristics of a princess.
- (of a woman's dress, coat, or the like) styled with a close-fitting bodice and flared skirt, cut in single pieces, as gores, from shoulder to hem.
- princess (Thesaurus)