primer: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prim'ur or, esp. Brit., prī'mur), [key]
- an elementary book for teaching children to read.
- any book of elementary principles: a primer of phonetics.
Pronunciation: (prī'mur), [key]
- a person or thing that primes.
- a cap, cylinder, etc., containing a compound that may be exploded by percussion or other means, used for firing a charge of powder.
- a first coat or layer of paint, size, etc., given to any surface as a base, sealer, or the like.
- primer (Thesaurus)