preface: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pref'is), [key]
— n., v., -aced, -ac•ing.
- a preliminary statement in a book by the book's author or editor, setting forth its purpose and scope, expressing acknowledgment of assistance from others, etc.
- an introductory part, as of a speech.
- something preliminary or introductory: The meeting was the preface to an alliance.
- a prayer of thanksgiving, the introduction to the canon of the Mass, ending with the Sanctus.
- to provide with or introduce by a preface.
- to serve as a preface to.
- preface (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.