Meaning of pouch
Pronunciation: (pouch), [key]
- a bag, sack, or similar receptacle, esp. one for small articles or quantities: a tobacco pouch.
- a small moneybag.
- a bag for carrying mail.
- a bag or case of leather, used by soldiers to carry ammunition.
- something shaped like or resembling a bag or pocket.
- a pocket in a garment.
- a baggy fold of flesh under the eye.
- a baglike or pocketlike part; a sac or cyst, as the sac beneath the bill of pelicans, the saclike dilation of the cheeks of gophers, or the receptacle for the young of marsupials.
- a baglike cavity.
- to put into or enclose in a pouch, bag, or pocket; pocket.
- to arrange in the form of a pouch.
- (of a fish or bird) to swallow.
- to form a pouch or a cavity resembling a pouch.
- pouch (Thesaurus)