Meaning of pompadour
Pronunciation: (pom'pu-dôr", -dōr", -door"), [key]
- an arrangement of a man's hair in which it is brushed up high from the forehead.
- an arrangement of a woman's hair in which it is raised over the forehead in a roll, sometimes over a pad.
- a pink or crimson color.
- any fabric, as cotton or silk, having a design of small pink, blue, and sometimes gold flowers or bouquets on a white background.
- a fabric of the color pompadour, used for garments.
Pronunciation: (pom'pu-dôr", -dōr", -door" Fr. pôn-pa-d&oomacrr'), [key]
- (Jeanne Antoinette Poisson Le Normant d'Étioles), 1721–64, mistress of Louis XV of France.
- pompadour (Thesaurus)