plunk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (plungk), [key]
- to pluck (a stringed instrument or its strings); twang: to plunk a guitar.
- to throw, push, put, drop, etc., heavily or suddenly; plump (often fol. by down): Plunk down your money. She plunked herself down on the seat.
- to push, shove, toss, etc. (sometimes fol. by in, over, etc.): to plunk the ball over the net; to plunk a pencil into a drawer.
- to give forth a twanging sound.
- to drop heavily or suddenly; plump (often fol. by down): to plunk down somewhere and take a nap.
- act or sound of plunking.
- a direct, forcible blow.
- a dollar.
- with a plunking sound.
- squarely; exactly: The tennis ball landed plunk in the middle of the net.
- plunk (Thesaurus)