pictorial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pik-tôr'ē-ul, -tōr'ē-ul), [key]
- pertaining to, expressed in, or of the nature of a picture.
- illustrated by or containing pictures: a pictorial history.
- of or pertaining to the art of painting and drawing pictures, the pictures themselves, or their makers: the pictorial masterpieces of the Renaissance.
- having or suggesting the visual appeal or imagery of a picture: a pictorial metaphor.
- a periodical in which pictures constitute an important feature.
- a magazine feature that is primarily photographic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.