Meaning of persuasion
Pronunciation: (pur-swā'zhun), [key]
- the act of persuading or seeking to persuade.
- the power of persuading; persuasive force.
- the state or fact of being persuaded or convinced.
- a deep conviction or belief.
- a form or system of belief, esp. religious belief: the Quaker persuasion.
- a sect, group, or faction holding or advocating a particular belief, idea, ideology, etc.: Several of the people present are of the socialist persuasion.
- kind or sort.
- persuasion (Thesaurus)