perish: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (per'ish), [key]
- to die or be destroyed through violence, privation, etc.: to perish in an earthquake.
- to pass away or disappear: an age of elegance that has forever perished.
- to suffer destruction or ruin: His valuable paintings perished in the fire.
- to suffer spiritual death: Save us, lest we perish.
- may it never happen: used facetiously or as an afterthought of foreboding.
- perish (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.