Meaning of percussion
Pronunciation: (pur-kush'un), [key]
- the striking of one body against another with some sharpness; impact; blow.
- the striking or tapping of the surface of a part of the body for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- the striking of a musical instrument to produce tones.
- the section of an orchestra or band comprising the percussion instruments.
- the percussion instruments themselves.
- a sharp blow for detonating a percussion cap or the fuze of an artillery shell.
- the striking of sound on the ear.
- the act of percussing.
- percussion (Thesaurus)