Meaning of penthouse
Pronunciation: (pent'hous"), [key]
— pl. -hous•es
- an apartment or dwelling on the roof of a building, usually set back from the outer walls.
- any specially designed apartment on an upper floor, esp. the top floor, of a building.
- a structure on a roof for housing elevator machinery, a water tank, etc.
- Also calleda shed with a sloping roof, or a sloping roof, projecting from a wall or the side of a building, as to shelter a door.
- any rooflike shelter or overhanging part.
- a corridor having a slanted roof and projecting from three walls of the court.
- penthouse (Thesaurus)