Meaning of pendant
Pronunciation: (pen'dunt), [key]
- a hanging ornament, as an earring or the main piece suspended from a necklace.
- an ornament suspended from a roof, vault, or ceiling.
- a hanging electrical lighting fixture; chandelier.
- that by which something is suspended, as the ringed stem of a watch.
- a match, parallel, companion, or counterpart.
- a length of rope attached to a masthead, the end of a yardarm, etc., and having a block or thimble secured to its free end.
- pendant (Thesaurus)