passing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pas'ing, pä'sing), [key]
- going by or past; elapsing: He was feeling better with each passing day.
- brief, fleeting, or fortuitous; transitory: to take a passing fancy to something.
- done, given, etc., in passing; cursory: a passing mention.
- surpassing, preeminent, or extreme.
- indicating satisfactory performance in a course, on a paper, in a test, etc.: a passing grade on a test.
- surpassingly; exceedingly; very.
- the act of a person or thing that passes or causes something to pass.
- a means or place of passage.
- by the way; incidentally: The speaker mentioned his latest book in passing.
- passing (Thesaurus)