Paris: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (par'is for 2 also Fr. pa&sylprē'), [key]
- Ancient,a city in and the capital of France and capital of Ville-de-Paris Department, in the N part, on the Seine. 2,317,227.
- a city in NE Texas. 25,498.
- a town in NW Tennessee. 10,728.
- a treaty signed in 1763 by France, Spain, and Great Britain that ended the Seven Years' War and the French and Indian War.
- a treaty signed in 1783 by the United States and Great Britain that ended the American Revolution.
- a treaty signed in 1898 by the United States and Spain that ended the Spanish-American War.
Pronunciation: (par'is), [key]
— n. Class. Myth.
- a Trojan prince, son of Priam and Hecuba and brother of Cassandra, who awarded the apple of discord to Aphrodite and was by her help enabled to abduct Helen. Also called
- paris (Thesaurus)