Papuan: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pap'y-un), [key]
- of or pertaining to New Guinea or to Papua New Guinea.
- noting or pertaining to the indigenous black peoples of New Guinea, characterized by a black or dark brown complexion and crisp, frizzled hair.
- of or pertaining to any of the unaffiliated languages indigenous to New Guinea and other islands nearby, esp. Timor, the Bismarck Archipelago, the Moluccas, and the Solomons.
- a native or inhabitant of New Guinea or Papua New Guinea.
- any of the Papuan languages.
- papuan (Thesaurus)