Meaning of overtime
Pronunciation: (n., adv., adj.ō'vur-tīm"v.ō"vur-tīm'), [key]
— n., adv., adj., v., -timed, -tim•ing.
- working time before or after one's regularly scheduled working hours; extra working time.
- pay for such time (distinguished from straight time).
- time in excess of a prescribed period.
- an additional period of play for deciding the winner of a game in which the contestants are tied at the end of the regular playing period.
- during overtime: to work overtime.
- of or for overtime: overtime pay.
- to give too much time to (a photographic exposure).
- overtime (Thesaurus)