Meaning of overall
Pronunciation: (adv.ō'vur-ôl'adj., n.ō'vur-ôl&sec), [key]
— adv., adj.
- from one extreme limit of a thing to the other: the overall length of the bridge.
- covering or includingeverything: an overall impression; to view something overall.
- loose, sturdy trousers, usually with a bib or biblike piece to which shoulder straps are attached, originally worn over other trousers to protect them, as by factory workers or farmers.
- long waterproof leggings.
- a smock or loose-fitting housedress.
- overall (Thesaurus)