Meaning of orthography
Pronunciation: (ôr-thog'ru-fē), [key]
— pl. -phies
- the art of writing words with the proper letters, according to accepted usage; correct spelling.
- the part of language study concerned with letters and spelling.
- a method of spelling, as by the use of an alphabet or other system of symbols; spelling.
- a system of such symbols: Missionaries provided the first orthography for the language.
- an orthographic projection, or an elevation drawn by means of it.
- orthography (Thesaurus)