Meaning of orle
Pronunciation: (ôrl), [key]
- azure, an orle of bezants.
- a charge in the form of a narrow band following the form of the escutcheon within the edge, so that the extreme outer edge of the escutcheon is of the field tincture.
- an arrangement in orle of small charges:azure, an orle of bezants.
- a thick roll of cloth or leather on a helmet forming a base for an ornamental crest.
- Also called
- a border, as one formed by a fillet.
- a fillet at the upper end of the shaft of a column. Cf.cincture(def. 3).
- a fillet between two flutes of a column.