organization: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ôr"gu-nu-zā'shun), [key]
- the act or process of organizing.
- the state or manner of being organized.
- something that is organized.
- organic structure; composition: The organization of this painting is quite remarkable.
- a group of persons organized for some end or work; association: a nonprofit organization.
- the administrative personnel or apparatus of a business.
- the functionaries of a political party along with the offices, committees, etc., that they fill.
- an organism.
- of or pertaining to an organization.
- conforming entirely to the standards, rules, or demands of an organization, esp. that of one's employer: an organization mentality.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.