ore: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ôr, ōr), [key]
- a metal-bearing mineral or rock, or a native metal, that can be mined at a profit.
- a mineral or natural product serving as a source of some nonmetallic substance, as sulfur.
Pronunciation: (œ'ru), [key]
— pl. ö•re.
- a bronze coin of Norway, the 100th part of a krone.
- a zinc or bronze coin of Denmark, the 100th part of a krone.
- a bronze coin of Sweden, the 100th part of a krona.
- a fractional currency of the Faeroe Islands, the 100th part of a krona.
- ore (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.