ordain: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ôr-dān'), [key]
- to invest with ministerial or sacerdotal functions; confer holy orders upon.
- to enact or establish by law, edict, etc.: to ordain a new type of government.
- to decree; give orders for: He ordained that the restrictions were to be lifted.
- (of God, fate, etc.) to destine or predestine: Fate had ordained the meeting.
- to order or command: Thus do the gods ordain.
- to select for or appoint to an office.
- to invest someone with sacerdotal functions.
- ordain (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.