opaque: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ō-pāk'), [key]
— adj., n., v., o•paqued, o•paqu•ing.
- not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.
- not transmitting radiation, sound, heat, etc.
- not shining or bright; dark; dull.
- hard to understand; not clear or lucid; obscure: The problem remains opaque despite explanations.
- dull, stupid, or unintelligent.
- something that is opaque.
- a coloring matter, usually black or red, used to render part of a negative opaque.
- to cover up blemishes on (a negative), esp. for making a printing plate.
- to cause to become opaque.
- opaque (Thesaurus)