offering: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ô'fur-ing, of'ur-), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- something offered in worship or devotion, as to a deity; an oblation or sacrifice.
- a contribution given to or through the church for a particular purpose, as at a religious service.
- anything offered as a gift.
- something presented for inspection or sale.
- a sale: our spring offering of furniture.
- the act of one who offers.