occupy: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ok'yu-p?"), [key]
? v., -pied, -py•ing.
- to take or fill up (space, time, etc.): I occupied my evenings reading novels.
- to engage or employ the mind, energy, or attention of: Occupy the children with a game while I prepare dinner.
- to be a resident or tenant of; dwell in: We occupied the same house for 20 years.
- to take possession and control of (a place), as by military invasion.
- to hold (a position, office, etc.).
- to take or hold possession.
- occupy (Thesaurus)