navigate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nav'i-gāt"), [key]
— v., -gat•ed, -gat•ing.
- to move on, over, or through (water, air, or land) in a ship or aircraft: to navigate a river.
- to direct or manage (a ship, aircraft, or guided missile) on its course.
- to ascertain or plot and control the course or position of (a ship, aircraft, etc.).
- to pass over (the sea or other body of water), as a ship does.
- to walk or find one's way on, in, or across: It was difficult to navigate the stairs in the dark.
- to direct or manage a ship, aircraft, or guided missile on its course.
- to pass over the water, as a ship does.
- to walk or find one's way.
- to travel by ship or boat; sail.
- navigate (Thesaurus)