naturalize: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nach'ur-u-līz", nach'ru-), [key]
— v., -ized, -iz•ing.
- to confer upon (an alien) the rights and privileges of a citizen.
- to introduce (organisms) into a region and cause them to flourish as if native.
- to introduce or adopt (foreign practices, words, etc.) into a country or into general use: to naturalize a French phrase.
- to bring into conformity with nature.
- to regard or explain as natural rather than supernatural: to naturalize miracles.
- to adapt or accustom to a place or to new surroundings.
- to become naturalized.
- to adapt as if native to a new environment, set of circumstances, etc.
- to study or carry on research in natural history.
- naturalize (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.