Meaning of nationality
Pronunciation: (nash"u-nal'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties
- the status of belonging to a particular nation, whether by birth or naturalization: the nationality of an immigrant.
- the relationship of property, holdings, etc., to a particular nation, or to one or more of its members: the nationality of a ship.
- existence as a distinct nation; national independence: a small colony that has just achieved nationality.
- a nation or people: the nationalities of the Americas.
- a national quality or character: Nationalities tend to submerge and disappear in a metropolis.
- nationality (Thesaurus)