narrative: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nar'u-tiv), [key]
- a story or account of events, experiences, or the like, whether true or fictitious.
- a book, literary work, etc., containing such a story.
- the art, technique, or process of narrating: Somerset Maugham was a master of narrative.
- consisting of or being a narrative: a narrative poem.
- of or pertaining to narration: narrative skill.
- representing stories or events pictorially or sculpturally:Cf.(def. 2). narrative painting.
- narrative (Thesaurus)