myself: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mī-self'), [key]
— pl. our•selves
- (used as an intensive ofor&hasp;): I myself will challenge the winner.
- (used reflexively in place ofas the object of a preposition or as the direct or indirect object of a verb): I gave myself a good rubdown. She asked me for a picture of myself.
- (used in place oforesp. in compound subjects, objects, and complements): My wife and myself fully agree. She wanted John and myself to take charge. The originators of the plan were my partner and myself.
- (used in place oforafter as, than, or but): He knows as much about the matter as myself.
- my normal or customary self: After a few days of rest, I expect to be myself again.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.