Meaning of much
Pronunciation: (much), [key]
— adj., n., adv., more, most, more, most.
- great in quantity, measure, or degree: too much cake.
- a great quantity, measure, or degree: Much of his research was unreliable.
- a great, important, or notable thing or matter: The house is not much to look at.
- to make much of trivial matters.
- to treat, represent, or consider as of great importance:to make much of trivial matters.
- to treat with great consideration; show fondness for; flatter.
- to a great extent or degree; greatly; far: to talk too much; much heavier.
- nearly, approximately, or about: This is much like the others.
- We need exercise, much as we need nourishment.
- almost the same as:We need exercise, much as we need nourishment.
- however much:Much as she wanted to stay at the party, she had to leave.
- much (Thesaurus)