movement: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mv'munt), [key]
- the act, process, or result of moving.
- a particular manner or style of moving.
- Usually,actions or activities, as of a person or a body of persons.
- a change of position or location of troops or ships.
- abundance of events or incidents.
- rapid progress of events.
- the progress of events, as in a narrative or drama.
- the suggestion of motion in a work of art, either by represented gesture in figurative painting or sculpture or by the relationship of structural elements in a design or composition.
- a progressive development of ideas toward a particular conclusion: the movement of his thought.
- a series of actions or activities intended or tending toward a particular end: the movement toward universal suffrage.
- the course, tendency, or trend of affairs in a particular field.
- a diffusely organized or heterogeneous group of people or organizations tending toward or favoring a generalized common goal: the antislavery movement; the realistic movement in art.
- the price change in the market of some commodity or security: an upward movement in the price of butter.
- the working parts or a distinct portion of the working parts of a mechanism, as of a watch.
- a principal division or section of a sonata, symphony, or the like.
- motion; rhythm; time; tempo.
- rhythmical structure or character.
- movement (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.