Meaning of most
Pronunciation: (mōst), [key]
— adj., superl. of as compar.
- in the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: to win the most votes.
- in the majority of instances: Most operations are successful.
- greatest, as in size or extent: the most talent.
- See(def. 18).
- the greatest quantity, amount, or degree; the utmost: The most I can hope for is a passing grade.
- the greatest number or the majority of a class specified: Most of his writing is rubbish.
- the greatest number: The most this room will seat is 150.
- the majority of persons: to be more sensitive than most.
- at the maximum.
- to use to greatest advantage; utilize fully: to make the most of an opportunity.
- the ultimate in something: He's the most. That movie was the most.
- a combining form ofoccurring in a series of superlatives: foremost; utmost.
- most (Thesaurus)