montage: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mon-täzh' Fr. môn-tazh'), [key]
— n., pl. v., -tag•es -taged tag•ing
- the technique of combining in a single composition pictorial elements from various sources, as parts of different photographs or fragments of printing, either to give the illusion that the elements belonged together originally or to allow each element to retain its separate identity as a means of adding interest or meaning to the composition. Cf.(def. 1).
- juxtaposition or partial superimposition of several shots to form a single image.
- a technique of film editing in which this is used to present an idea or set of interconnected ideas.
- any combination of disparate elements that forms or is felt to form a unified whole, single image, etc.
- to make or incorporate into a montage.
- montage (Thesaurus)