Meaning of module
Pronunciation: (moj'l), [key]
- a separable component, frequently one that is interchangeable with others, for assembly into units of differing size, complexity, or function.
- any of the individual, self-contained segments of a spacecraft, designed to perform a particular task: the spacecraft's command module; a lunar module.
- a standard or unit for measuring.
- a selected unit of measure, ranging in size from a few inches to several feet, used as a basis for the planning and standardization of building materials.
- an Abelian group with a set of left or right operators forming a ring such that for any two operators and any group element the result of having the first operator act on the element, giving a second element, and the second operator act on the second element is equal to the result of having a single operator, formed by adding or multiplying the two operators, act on the first element. Cf. (def. 23).
- part of a program that performs a distinct function.
- an interchangeable, plug-in hardware unit.
- module (Thesaurus)