Mississippian: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mis"u-sip'ē-un), [key]
- of or pertaining to the state of Mississippi or the Mississippi River.
- noting or pertaining to a period of the Paleozoic Era, occurring from about 345 million to 310 million years ago and characterized as the age of amphibians. See table under
- a native or inhabitant of Mississippi.
- the Mississippian Period or System: the former is sometimes considered an epoch of the Carboniferous Period.
- mississippian (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.