miniature: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (min'ē-u-chur, -choor", min'u-chur), [key]
- a representation or image of something on a small or reduced scale.
- a greatly reduced or abridged form or copy.
- a very small painting, esp. a portrait, on ivory, vellum, or the like.
- the art of executing such a painting.
- an illumination in an illuminated manuscript or book.
- in a reduced size; on a small scale: The zoo exhibition offered a jungle in miniature.
- being, on, or represented on a small scale; reduced.
- miniature (Thesaurus)