mime: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mīm, mēm), [key]
— n., v., mimed, mim•ing.
- the art or technique of portraying a character, mood, idea, or narration by gestures and bodily movements; pantomime.
- an actor who specializes in this art.
- an ancient Greek or Roman farce that depended for effect largely upon ludicrous actions and gestures.
- a player in such a farce.
- mimic (def. 4).
- a jester, clown, or comedian.
- to mimic.
- to act in mime.
- to play a part by mime or mimicry.
- mime (Thesaurus)