Meaning of military
Pronunciation: (mil'i-ter"ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -tar•ies, -tar•y.
- of, for, or pertaining to the army or armed forces, often as distinguished from the navy: from civilian to military life.
- of, for, or pertaining to war: military preparedness.
- of or pertaining to soldiers.
- befitting, characteristic of, or noting a soldier: a military bearing.
- following the life of a soldier: a military career.
- performed by soldiers: military duty.
- the bar, the press, and the military.
- the military establishment of a nation; the armed forces.
- military personnel, esp. commissioned officers, taken collectively:the bar, the press, and the military.
- military (Thesaurus)