Meaning of mileage
Pronunciation: (mī'lij), [key]
- the aggregate number of miles traveled over in a given time.
- length, extent, or distance in miles.
- the number of miles or the average distance that a vehicle can travel on a specified quantity of fuel: the car gets good mileage.
- wear, use, advantage, or profit: She won't get much more mileage out of this old coat.
- an allowance for traveling expenses at a fixed rate per mile: His mileage came to $90.
- a fixed charge per mile, as for railroad transportation.
- mileage (Thesaurus)