migrate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mī'grāt), [key]
— -grat•ed, -grat•ing.
- to go from one country, region, or place to another.
- to pass periodically from one region or climate to another, as certain birds, fishes, and animals: The birds migrate southward in the winter.
- to shift, as from one system, mode of operation, or enterprise to another.
- (of a cell, tissue, etc.) to move from one region of the body to another, as in embryonic development.
- (of ions) to move toward an electrode during electrolysis.
- (of atoms within a molecule) to change position.
- (at British universities) to change or transfer from one college to another.
- migrate (Thesaurus)